From 7 to 9 October 2019, IMOVE partner UITP is organising a training on Mobility as a Service
. The objective of this training programme is firstly to better understand the current urban mobility trends and the complexity of integrating them from a user perspective. The course then aims at accompanying participants through the process of implementing a successful MaaS solution: complying with objectives set by the city, understanding the needs of travelers, successfully involving mobility providers to eventually design a sustainable MaaS business model.
The urban mobility landscape is evolving fast and the number of mobility services is growing rapidly, yet for the user it can be challenging being confronted by all these options when choosing the best way to travel. This is where the Mobility as a Service (MaaS) concept steps in: MaaS is about taking away the hassle of finding the most suitable mobility option. It is about is the integration of different transport services (such as public transport, ride-sharing, car-sharing, bike-sharing, scooter-sharing, taxi, car rental, ride-hailing and so on) in one single digital mobility offer, with active mobility and an efficient public transport system as its basis.
Part of the challenge is that setting up such an innovative integrated mobility platform means moving outside the exclusive control of traditional company boundaries. MaaS requires a business ecosystem where multiple organisations act in collaboration, mixing the traditional boundaries of business sectors and companies, and involving users in the co-creation.
Who is it for?
- Professionals involved in or affected by the development of MaaS in their city and/or in their companies
- Project managers and professionals from public transport operators, authorities and other mobility providers responsible for business development
- Staff of municipal, regional or national authorities in charge of regulating and enabling such new services
- Staff from the industry worldwide involved in the market uptake in this area: ITS companies, app-developers, etc.
- Professionals interested in obtaining a wider and international perspective on MaaS and eager to learn more from best practice worldwide
For more information, please visit the UITP website.
copyright photo: Samtrafiken